Monthly Review - Monday, October 1, 2012 0:02 - 0 Comments
News, Report, Analysis: September 2012
Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, September 4, 2012
EU Suggests Azerbaijan Broke Pledges, Pardon ‘Endangers’ Region
New York Times, September 10, 2012
Two Steps Backwards in the Caucasus by Peter Rutland
CNN-US, September 5, 2012
Ax murderer’s pardon stirs fears of war by Joe Sterling
BBC, September 4, 2012
Viewpoint: Setback for Peace in the Caucasus by Tom de Waal
Transitions Online, September 10, 2012
A Pardon in Baku Caucasus Diplomatic Earthquake by Shahla Sultanova
Deep Dive: Filling in the Gaps – Reading the Ramil Safarov Case in Azerbaijan
By Katy Pearce http://www.eurasianet.org/node/65889
Armenia & Azerbaijan: Looking for Dialogue Amid Discord
Shahin Abassov and Marianna Grigoryan
OSCE Press Release
OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs meet with the Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan http://www.osce.org/mg/93343
Council of Europe
Secretary General Jagland: “Making a hero out of a murder convict is unacceptable”, 4 September 2012 http://www.coe.int/t/secretarygeneral/sg/
Public Statement: Azerbaijan: Government Sends Dangerous Message on Ethnically-Motivated Violence
Leave a Comment
Most Popular Content
- Ethnic Groups and Conflicts in the South Caucasus and Turkey
- Assessing Russia's role in efforts to resolve the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict: From perception to reality
- Learning from Azerbaijani-Armenian and Armenian-Turkish Problem-Solving Workshops: the Essential Needs, Fears and Concerns Faced by the Societies
- Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict: War, Humanitarian Challenge and Peacekeeping
- IDPs in Georgia: Still Waiting for Better Life
- From ‘not-so-frozen’ to enduring violence: Conflict escalation in Nagorno-Karabakh
- Fighting road offenders in Tskhinval
- Economic Cooperation in the South Caucasus and the Wider Region: Gained Losses, Lost Benefits
- State propaganda through public education: Armenia and Azerbaijan
- “With great effort we were able to keep people from protesting”
- Your post is a timely cotniibutron to the debate...
- it could easily be that the qutialy is just terrible. I find it hard to believe ...
- i don't buy the distinction beewetn patriotism and nationalism . they are li...
- As an Armenian living in the USA and jguding by what I have heard about Armenia,...
- Georgians have made their choice! It may seem to some of them, that their lives ...
- nice article...
- extremely interesting article. The "just memory" campaign sounds like a reasona...
- Thanks Phil. Indeed and furthermore, this kind of taboo-breaking will help thin...